Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adulthood Part 1

When I see you I run to you. I say, "Hi. How are you? What are you doing? What did you get?" When I see you I smile at you like you're an old friend. I am too friendly towards you. I am so conscious of this, I even have been from the first time I met you. I went up to see you after and said dumb things about your name just for conversation's sake, but there was no reason for us to converse. I felt so stupid and went back to my pen and stood leaning and often looking at you, where I would later stand nightly, and with a pen in my hand, be unable to refrain from drawing your face that came naturally to the paper.

It's like when you come to see me, to eat, what you're really feeding on is that paper, in this pen, this feeding pen with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment