Saturday, May 22, 2010

You and you... come back to bed

I knock on your house door. You mother and sister answer and quickly pass by me as they're leaving. They suggest I go see you first instead of someone else who temporarily was staying with you in your house. I wasn't even intending on that, but I nod as though their idea has guided me. I walk into your house and am immediately in a corridor. I worry that I'm not wearing perfume, or that if I am, not enough.
I know your house, and this isn't it. I pass a closed door with running water behind it. A-ha! There's the guest, she's showering. The next door is yours. It's a sliding door, again different. I look behind myself because I'm unsure if I am correct, you mother and sister tell me it's your room, then they leave, as they should have already.
When the door's open you don't notice. Your carpet flooring, which you may or may not actually have, is soft beneath my silent, brand new sneakers. I'm not creeping but rather flowing into your room. I don't know this, however I do because you explain to me after, but you sense me. It's an instinctive thought which you disregard and don't react to.
Now I'm at the foot of your bed. Now I'm on your bed. I lay beside you and you roll over to me. You put your arms around me. You are so happy and accepting if not delighted. I can't express what this means to me. I can't reason how perfectly comfortabley we fit together. We talk and you explain how your senses picked up my scent. I remember how I wasn't wearing perfume and smile further.
A small burst, a distant bomb, then you're gone. I hear christian music alone in bed. I move the jersey from the clock knowing exactly what I'll uncover. A-ha... that's my number being called. I prepare for war, the war I shouldn't be fighting.
Later I'll think of these bloodied grounds and tempestuous waters as a glass case, holding us preciously outside of Exmoor. We journeyed within the case with a fear for any cracks. We weren't trying to leave. I cannot possibly explain the kinds of romance I mean of this and in this.
However I feel, despite the dominating gravitational pull, It's a tragedy. Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment