Monday, May 9, 2011

T-eye-d

I chucked an all nighter yet again to get an assignment in. Then one of my group members for the oral couldn't end up coming cos she was sick and I didn't end up having to do my assignment anyway.

I'm going through my usual symptoms of staying up studying/doing an assignment. It generally goes as follows.

1) Being really sleepy around 11-12am. This is a crucial point of your night, if you rest your head or lapse into a horizontal position you're basically fucked. (That was so close to being me last night)

2) Realising how fucked you are and so you at least make it to your laptop but you still fuck around on the internet cos you've found a video of meerkats/caught up with Facebook stalking. I'd say this could last for the rest of the night but for me most recently it was 1am. During this time you'll have quite a few friends online who don't have work to do to chat to.

3) 2-4am. Crack down. Drinking caffeine begins now. I don't drink coffee. So this is the only time I will and this is also the only time I'll drink energy drinks (unless it's jaegerbomb nomnomnom [or maybe you caught me time travelling back to my pulse drinking days... and that tastes the same as redbull which makes me feel like I'm drinking alcohol whenever I drink it]). The best thing to do is spread out the caffeine. Well you feel a bit of a lull in energy then I'd go get a tea or coffee. I don't think tea helps that much to be honest. V/Redbull makes your heart race and I'm also scared of dying from that cos it does say 'max 2 cans' and that's of the small ones, not the ridiculous epic sized cans. Oh and you know it's an all nighter when friend's who are living in different timezones are online when they never are.

4) Almost seeing the light but not quite. You want to give up and say fuck it. I'd say at this point I am really trying to reach the word limit. Suicidal thoughts might also put into your head. Which reminds me I have favourite late study songs... I can't remember all but they are hell motivational and shit... Biggie Smalls Suicidal Thoughts, Up soundtrack, Lady Gaga Born this Way, Miley Cyrus The Climb, Jackson 5 I want you back, The Virgins Love is Colder Than Deal, The Only One from that Australian movie I forget who sings it... there's more maybe for all you slackers I'll make a post of good "study" music. HAHA actually this reminds me, the night before Outward Bound in Year 11 I stayed up all night and danced around to keep my energy up I'm pretty sure I was listening to Fat Boy Slim.

5) 5am. For me this is around when my parents get up and they usually do the 'oh my god you're up so early' or 'what are you doing up so early'. And before when I was at school I'd be like yes... "woke up early". But now that I'm a ruthless uni student I'm like pfffffttt wake up early? Sleep is for the weak. Insomniac 4 life.

6) 6-7am. Depending on when you need to get it in. This is crunch time. Quality of work decreases wonderfully around here.

7) Okay so hopefully past 8 you are done but that ain't always the case. Usually this is when I drive to school/uni and this is where I get really cranky and feel like yacking/passing out. I was also wearing tight jeans today which did not help my tumtum.

8) Feeling like absolute shit and wanting to jump off of a bridge except there are no suicidal-worthy bridges in Perth.

9) Past about lunch my body tricks itself and I usually just go back to my normal body.

Annnnnnnnnnnd if you are lucky you will get a twitching eye. Like me. Right now ;;;;;;;) <--- that ain't heaps of winks that's my attempt of a twitching eye smiley.

No comments:

Post a Comment