Sunday, June 6, 2010

Don't judge a slut by her cleavage

You know, I read something about Christian Louboutin and the women who wear his shoes once. He said something along the lines of the fact that he had strippers or hookers who came into his store wanting to look classy and he also had Park Avenue princesses who bought his shoes to look slutty. It's cool in both ways though, women wear his shoes to feel empowered. It's got me thinking though, about style and how it's done slutty.

It's fine to bare your skin. I don't really care and no one else's judgement should matter. But you've got to ask why? Why the deep cowl neck, why the deep backless dress that hits your ass, why the thigh high stockings, why the come-fuck-me boots, why the bustier, why the pins, why the Christian Louboutins? Do you find it aesthetically pleasing or are you trying to say something... Here I am: the teenage girl with more style than the next girl, I am an individual which is why I wear what every other indie-vidual wears, I may look slutty, but it's ok, I'm more stylish than other sluts.

I guess everything you wear is saying something about who you are. Even if you don't care for fashion, you'll still end up saying something by not trying. So when it gets down to the crux of it, it's the intention that matters. Do you really love that dress, or do you love what you think that dress will say about you? I think Christian Louboutins are incredibly sexy and I think thigh highs are too, but who needs to know that.. you or the people that see your skin? People are way too fucking easy to read through their fashion these days. You look at a picture of someone and you already make the assumption that "hey, I know who you are. I know what you stand for." Don't judge a book by it's cover..

Someone also once told me that when they knew that a man was into them, knew that they thought they were sexy, saw that look of lust in their eye, it made them feel beautiful. To feel fleeting moments of beauty through someone else's eye. Is that what dressing slutty is all about?


No comments:

Post a Comment