Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mega Shark Vs. Gaint Octopus

Step One: watch this




Step Two: feel for me via feelage for the exploited stars

I don't think the trailer nor even the film truly emphasise how fucking big the 'menaces' are. I understand the tight budget against the need for the creation of this most incredible body of work and therefore realise that the changing size depictions of the octopus and shark throughout the film were simply the result of limited special effects, so some realism was lost. But come on, MEGA shark and GIANT octopus were huge. fucking huge, at least that's the idea i got it my head, and so i really feel the protagonists and the film itself were hard-done-by for not reaching the true scale of themselves. I mean if you're gonna exaggerate, do it well. I know they meant to, like exaggeration was definitely in their hearts, the intention was there; what with the shark jumping 100,000 metres out of the water and eating a plane. That's good shit but still the film let itself down a little and hence went straight to video.

Step Three: witness the most PERFECT thing I've ever seen




Step Four: say goodbye to San Fransisco

No comments:

Post a Comment