Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Turtle Emails

This is what happens when a Turtle Lover meets another Turtle Lover:




Hello, i like very much the idea of purchasing short neck turtle. I was just wondering how many you have in stock?

And if so, are they available in any other colour rather than the more tradtional green colour. Because i like to consider myself a bit of an 'out there' person, i cannot help but get excited over the prospect of maybe an orange or red turtle! If this is not possible, and im stuck with a green one, would any damage be done if i were to maybe spray paint them on a daily basis? Or would you not recommend this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.



____________________________________________________________________________________



We have several short neck turtles for sale, but if your intention is to harm the animal by wanting to change its colour by spray painting it daily I will not sell you one as this will surely be a very cruel death.



Kind Regards,

Donna Smith



____________________________________________________________________________________


When you say several, how many exactly? Because I am very interested in buying quite a few of them as they are just the most adorable little animal, arnt they?!

I apologise if it has come across that it is my intention to harm them. That is definitely not the case. So i guess the spray painting would not be recommended. That is okay. A green turtle is better than no turtle!

On your website it says they cost $85 each. I was just wondering, if i were to buy say, i dont know, work off a rough figure of 14.5, would there be any reduction in this price?

I also would like to know a rough lifespan of these animals. Because, like any parent, I do not want to lose my kids before my time is up. And yes, these turtles will be treated like my own precious offspring as i am unfortunately infertile!

Regards,
Turtle lover

_____________________________________________________________________________________




We have a limit of 5 Turtles per customer and seeing as we are short stocked at the moment until after xmas we are unable to offer any discount.

The short neck turtles live for 30years+ and they grow quite large (30cm Shell). They don’t stay little for long. They would be alright in an aquarium for the 1st year but would need to moved into a much larger area after that.

Kind Regards,

Donna Smith




____________________________________________________________________________________





Okay. Five is good. But i want more. Are they easy enough to breed? Would you say they are a 'horny' type of animal like i hear dolphins are?

Ohhh 30years+. I think that will be perfect for me. I have quite a large aquarium, so that will be no troubles for the first year. After that, i have a pool in the backyard. Would that be sufficient enough area? Obviously i will still want to swim in the pool and everything like that. So do they require a special sort of water that is also ok for humans to swim in? Have you ever swum with turtles before? I think its definitely something i want to experience in my life.

Also, what sort of food do they eat? Would they be like my pet Black Headed Python named Tony who eats rabbits? Or do they have a different kind of diet?

Sorry about all these questions. I could google them or go on Wikipedia, but i think talking with experts directly is the best possible way to ensure my turtles live a long and fruitful life.

Regards,
Turtle Lover



_____________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Ben,



I would suggest you purchase a book to learn about keeping turtles before purchasing any.

There is a Turtle care sheet available on our web site under care info.

Turtles only breed once a year and must be compatible, I have no idea regarding the sex life of dolphins.

An outdoor pond is an acceptable home for a turtle not a swimming pool.



Kind Regards,

Donna Smith




____________________________________________________________________________________


Donna,

I'd rather purchase the turtles first and just learn as i go. This is by far the best learning way for me. Learning from mistakes is what i do best!

There is just one last question i'd like to ask and, please, dont read into it at all. But i was just wondering if turtle meat was edible and what they taste like? Because most people just explain it to be like chicken. Like everything. Surely not everything can taste like chicken! Please do not take this question the wrong way, i surely do not intend on buying them to eat. That is definitely not the case. But if they were to die before myself, i just dont like money going to waste, so want to know if this is an option or not.

Other than that, i think i know everything i need to know. I would now like to place an order for five. How do i go about doing this?

Regards,
Turtle lover



____________________________________________________________________________________



Hi Ben,



I will not be selling you anything.

Your questions are totally inappropriate.

Do not email again.



Kind Regards,

Donna Smith



_____________________________________________________________________________________



Ok. Well im sorry you feel that way and can't help me. I will take my business elsewhere to somebody who is more understanding and willing to help me with my passion for turtles.

Regards,
Turtle lover

3 comments:

  1. i hate that i know the answer to what turtles taste like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that turtle eating story makes me lose the little faith i have left in america everytime i hear it.
    but as for the emails hahahahahahaha im so glad you're posting again!

    ReplyDelete