Friday, January 22, 2010

Stubborn has got a stick up it's arse

I swear I'm never this stubborn but when it comes to this one person I could happily die with a grudge. He drives me to the edge of every cliff, on the edge of every continent.

The funny thing I've noticed is that he's become cautious of me. When he walks and sees me his body thinks automatically to approach me but then his mind (that obviously works slower than his "good body") reminds him I'm still angry at him.

My favourite things to say to he who can probably be named:

1) You're an idiot
2) I hate you
3) Get a job

The way I see it is that you have to promise your past self that you will do her/him the favour of never forgetting the sheer anger and annoyance that she/he had to endure. A good example would be if your past self had told your future self: "Never forget how disgusting it is to have to be in the bush for ten days and be under the control of two dictators! Don't forget how bad it was to hike up giant hills in the heat with no toilet breaks! Don't forget the tent that smelt like stinky, old, sour men! Most importantly: Look back in anger and never use the term "it wasn't that bad" because you were there.. and it was!"

In the same way I feel about bad experiences is the exact same way I feel about holding a grudge. When I'm not pissed off at him I remind myself with every disgusting thing he's ever said or done to me and my blood slowly boils and my hands slowly bunch into a fist until my nails start digging into my palm and come out of the other side of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment