Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm a "Citizens for Boysenberry Jam" fan

Soundtrack to exams? SIMON & GARFUNKEL!!!!!!!

These songs have practically been played on repeat from the week before mocks to now and without a doubt till my last exam (the date of which I do not know<----- my mum finds this a reason to rage at me)

1)Punky's Dilemma
Why? Because I'd without a doubt prefer to be a Kellogg's cornflake or an english muffin instead of a WACE student. Oh to be just floating in my bowl, talking movies, relaxing, living in style, talking to a raisin, casually glancing at his toupee...


2) At The Zoo
Why? because you know what, I do believe it's true that's it's all happening at the zoo. I bet it's all happening anywhere other than my bloody desk!

3) El Condor Pasa
Why? because during exams I feel like a nail being hammered and I really would rather be a hammer than a nail and I'd rather sail away from it all like a swan and I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet instead of the thousands of sheet of loose notes.

4) The Only Living Boy In New York
Why? because I wish that everything I needed to know I could get from the weather report. I wish I had nothing to do today but smile. Da-n-da-da-n-da-da-n-da-da

5)Blessed
Why? "blessed are the sat upon, spat upon, ratted on... blessed are the meth drinkers, pot sellers, illusion dwellers... blessed are the penny rookers, cheap hookers, groovy lookers"... year twelves...

6) I Am A Rock
Why? because the lyrics are creepily fitting: "I am alone, Gazing from my window to the streets below. I have my books to protect me; hiding in my room. I touch no one and no one touches me. I am a rock, I am an island."

Seriously, what gets me through exams is wishing I was an english muffin about to make the most out of a toaster. I'd ease myself down, come up brown. It makes me feel so happy. Like a smiling Axolotl. :)

1 comment: