Saturday, October 2, 2010

Less than < Sweeter than

Originally written on the 14th of April.

17 is arguably sweeter than 16. I like the solid sound that the word 17 makes when you say it.

I’m seventeen. Se-ven-teen. Young and sweet, only 17. Sixteen standing next to seventeen seems so young in comparison. I don't care what they say, 17 trumps.

I like where I’ve come from a year ago. I like what I thought I'd be like at this age when I was a kid. Sometimes we catch ourselves being exactly who we used to look up to, who we intended to be.

I wonder if we’re not living out our wild youth like we should.

Secretly sticking a strip of material on your shoes so you could strike your match to light your cigarette. Planting a doll face down in your bed before you sneak out. Draining alcohol into weird assortment of bottles.. of baby oil. That makes me laugh, who does that? I may.. or may not have.


No comments:

Post a Comment