Sunday, November 15, 2009

As I Lay Me Down To Sleep...

...i pray the lord my soul to keep and if i should die before i wake, i pray the lord my soul to take. Cause i'm so fucking exhilarated!!!

Last night I went to see Liam Fynn, Ben Harper and the Relentless Seven and Pearl Jam. And that night i was ready to die. I could die peacefully. nah man, I could die ecstatic; not peacefully but at peace.

My cousin and I were dancing and it felt so good. I don't know what you know or think of love but I reckon that was it. Love for the moment. I'm sorry that i fucking live for Pearl Jam, I'm sorry if that lets you down or whatever. I didn't really realise no one cared too much for them until I was getting texts during the concert from my friends who obviously had no idea it was on. Besides the 12 year old kid who got a shout out from Eddie I was the youngest person I saw.

Man I wish I was still there. During Better Man i had tears nested under my eyes which just rested there, I didn't cry but held my tears. I danced and jumped for my love. The audience sang the beginning of the song. It was so beautiful. Fuck. I want to go back badly. Better Man followed by Alive was so fucking incredible. I pity everyone who missed out. A metre from the front but amidst the centre of the universe. My most favourite thing is feeling it within you. I remember grabbing my chest and feeling the songs through my bones. My heart was still there and it was strong, really really strong and the fucking music was in my bones, inside of me. And if I clenched my shirt all I felt was my own grip but then when I touched my body again... ahh. god. euphoric. It's so strong.

During the concert while dancing i remember thinking if someone shot me in the back I'd have died the best way I could image. In the air when the bullet would hit me.
There was a bit when my cousin and i were the only two people dancing. Eddie was singing the same line over and over into the crowd who were repeating it back. I was yelling so fucking loud cause you can't tell when everything around you is even louder and dancing so fucking high. My cousin had her head down while she moved and there was a clear path from me to Eddie. For about 20 seconds I swear he was staring right at me. we were just singing back at each other. I have no idea what i looked like but he looked so fucking raw. When he shook his head sweat flew off his long hair and his face was pure passion. I reckon I coulda looked quite similar. Throwing my head about as I danced I'm sure I let my fair share of sweat loose and convinced Eddie and I were singing right at eachother I can't imagine myself ever quite embodying so much passion. Now I want you to count to 20 and realise what a beautifully long time 20 seconds is, the length of time which i spent staring right into Eddie Vedder's eyes. (L)

I was just happy. After i saw Neil Young (who by the way Pearl Jam refer to as Uncle Neil, lub dub) at the Big Day Out I couldn't stop smiling. I had every reason in the entire would to be happy. When Pearl Jam left the stage I was the same. Boy did I sleep well that night. So content, I'm surprised my body didn't register the total inner peace and exuberation as the trigger to die. Either way I'm happy. Dead yehhhh, alive yehhhh. I don't think this feeling's gonna part with me anytime soon. It's not on a par with the all time high which BlogBear and I experience earlier in this year when we were, I swear to god, the happiest people alive but this feeling is forever going to be in my bones.

You're all poor suckers for missing out but god all mighty, watch this



I guess you're feeling a little more alive now hey

My face right now = :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

P.S I love Ben Harper
PP.S I scored a guitar pick

No comments:

Post a Comment