Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm A Loser Baby

For the first time in my life I finally won Hangaroo! except it didn't even feel like winning. There was nothing.
You see I happen to be some kind of a champion at Solitaire. I've played close to a million games and at one point I had my winning percentage on 22!!!

Have you ever suffered from a thing called addiction? I have. Back around the end of year nine I found myself with a lot of time on my hands so i decided to fill it with Solitaire. Nothing could have torn my eyes away from the computer screen and onto a little thing called realisation other than 'the incident'. When 'the incident' occurred i swore never tell anyone but I later found it sort of funny and have since told alot of people and so what difference does it make if I tell the Internet. Here goes,
I was watching TV one night and you know how your brain does things subconsciously like recognise a dog as a dog and shit like that, well i was watching TV and there were a whole heap of characters on the screen all wearing different style clothing in different colours and arrangements and my brain, ready for this, in a split second, looked at the screen and found a way to rearrange them all as if it were a game of solitaire. It's so hard to explain. It was sort of like "well she has a blue (heart) T-shirt (black) so she can go on the red (spade) trousers (red) and then pink (diamond) singlet (black) can go on the red (spade) skirt (red) so long as my next move involves putting the green (club) T-shirt (black) on to the pink (diamond) shorts (red)"- you see it doesn't really make sense but at the same time it did make sense because it was all very logical according to solitaire. Is that what my brain had become? Logical according to solitaire?
It all happened in a split second and I, no joke, shook my head in that fake confused manner when I realised what had happened and left the room right away. I'm not sure what happened next but I think I sat in a room all by my self and swore never to tell anyone about what had just happened and then probably opened a new game of solitaire, that was way back when my winning percentage was still 19 or something so i was pretty serious. So 'the incident' may have opened my eyes to my addiction but that didn't mean I was going to anything about it.

When you win Solitaire it's a beautiful occasion, all the cards bounce about and there's a confetti display much like fireworks.
My expectations of Hangaroo were quite high and I was let down very very strongly. Therefore today could have been observed as the first stage of addiction but i swear to God the incident which prevented me from becoming addicted to Hangaroo was it's poor finale. Plus it generally sucks cock.

I hate Hangaroo

No comments:

Post a Comment