Monday, December 7, 2009

Orange Cuntry

I'd forgotten how funny The OC is, but thanks to mandatory marathons of summer holidays I've been kindly reminded.

I'm sure you all remember Oliver, and whilst the infamous quote in the season 2 finale after a series of unfortunate events, "Seth: With the way things have been going, I bet that's Oliver", was incredible to say the least, Oliver's hey day itself didn't shy away from some killer lines.

EXHIBIT A
we have Julie cooper: The guy who lives in the pool house is giving me advise on the guy who lives in the penthouse?

nice, Julie, a composed comparison with a very favourable dabble into alliteration.

EXHIBIT B
One by possibly everyone's favourite born again character Luke, who quickly recovered from a lifetime of idiocy and a more recent spree of jealousy, hate and most predominantly prejudice, and an even more recent gun shot wound to become OC's golden boy, well atleast in my eyes. This beauty arose in response to the hated man of the hour himself while talking about the coveted Marrissa,
Oliver: She's not talking to Ryan anymore
Luke: Well is she still talking to me or are you doing all her talking now?

wow, wicked call Luke. See this is a perfect example of character development within The OC. Disclaimer: anything that I write concerning character development refers to season one were everything was plausible and realistic unlike sudden personality clauses or the god-forsaken dream world plot device we saw in season 4, I think (not too sure, I lost track when it all turned to shit), which I'm sure we all rather we didn't see.
yes so here we have a bit of the feisty Luke whom we all grew to hate in the first four episodes resurface amongst the new saved Luke. This reinforces the idea which TV series creators aim for and which josh Schwartz lost after season 2 which is believable characters. And while we're on the topic of believable characters, I stand by Jimmy being the best character- everything about him is entirely true, I can totally imagine a guy exctly like him in the real world saying everything his says and doing everything he does. kudos to whomever is the model of this sad, failure, midlife crisis-eree; I can't remember what happened to you in the latter seasons but i hope you got yourself together.

EXHIBIT C
Now the most amazing thing I've taken from my past 24 hours in what I call total peace, well being and solitude which could be observed as me in a black room directly in front of the TV with no breaks whatsoever so at the right approach the one beam of light from the gap in the closed shutter could allow for some light reflecting of off my piss which had settled nicely into the creases of the leather couch, was this beautiful quote which before stood previously undiscovered by Dirtbag kind.
Of course it comes from OC's truest diamond in the rough, Luke. He's talking to Ryan about Oliver and expressing his concerns over this obscenely rich kid,
Luke: just give me the word and I will drop the Great Gatsby!

ahhh so very very splendid. Man, Luke, who'd have thought. Shine on you crazy diamond, man imagine the more amazing things such a character could have said if the writers had chosen to include him more and let him find his voice.

basically this entire love fest over the OC was just a ploy to let me post two of my not-so- finest creations which I'm secretly proud of anyways. Who is anybody kidding right? The OC rocks, I don't need to tell you that, or have it told through the disciples' own words. And without undermining the geniousness of EXHIBIT C I admit it was the perfect opportunity to throw in these two babies. enjoy :)

ahh what the hell, and here's another of my brilliant paint endeavours cause BlogBear thought it was funny
yeah it's not actually funny, oh no, read this like I'm little miss indecisive (I kinda am) cause you know what, it is funny; funny that people actually dress that way. I drew that picture to let my msn contacts know of the atrocity I had witnessed that day. You know the image itself mightn't be all that hilarious but the truth which it's based upon sure is giving the OC a run for it's money.

No comments:

Post a Comment